Costco Just Made This Change to Its Food Court Condiments
While the frozen yogurt, churro, smoothie, and other Costco food court items are iconic on their own, there are others that are jazzed up thanks to the condiment bar. But the next time you head over to add ketchup, mustard, and/or relish to a hot dog or chicken bake, the station may look different.
Costco still has COVID-19 safety measures in place to stop the spread of the virus, and it looks like other innovations are being implemented—in the form of touchless condiment dispensers. A Reddit user/Costco member posted about it recently, saying they found it at a warehouse in California. Customers simply need to place their food or a cup underneath the spout and hover their hand over the sensor.
Based on the picture @breathfromanother posted, the new Costco touchless condiment stations are messy. Other users who commented on the thread say their warehouse has the touchless soda dispensers that were added earlier this year, and if these are anything like those, they won't be as convenient as planned.
Some—including a current food court employee—say the hand pumps were more accurate and less messy. But when condiments are involved, how clean can it stay?
Reddit user @CowboyJoker90 has a solution, though, that can fix all the cleaning issues.
Eat This, Not That! has reached out to Costco to see if the touchless condiment dispensers are making their way to more food courts soon, and to see what the most accurate way to use them are.
To get all the latest Costco news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
And for more info about what's happening at the warehouse in your neighborhood, read these next:
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again