Chick-fil-A's Latest Menu Discontinuation Is Frustrating Customers
Chick-fil-A is starting to roll out some of the menu changes that it first announced in February, and customers of the fast-food chain aren't exactly thrilled. Besides the fact that Chick-fil-A is discontinuing bagels and decaf coffee, it is also "consolidating" the sizes of its beverages, ice creams, and milkshakes. What that ultimately means is that you'll only be able to get them in one size, which is incredibly inconvenient, according to customers who sounded off about the changes on Reddit.
However, one employee chimed in to say that even though large milkshakes were no longer on the menu, the chain would still fulfill off-menu requests for them. But even that won't last forever, since large sizes are being permanently discontinued this summer, according to another employee.
Besides changing the beverage size, Chick-fil-A's Kid's Meals are also being offered in only one size moving forward. While you formerly had the choice between a 4- or 6-piece chicken nugget meal, all the Kid's Meals will now come with 5 pieces.
"Streamlining our menu will allow for us to continue providing our customers the quality food and service they've come to expect, as well as make room for new future menu items," a rep for the company said in an email back in February.
And it looks like the innovation is already well underway. Chick-fil-A announced last week that it was adding a new entrée to its lineup for the first time in five years. The company is also testing two new spicy chicken items in select locations.
For more on Chick-fil-A, check out We Tried Every Chick-fil-A Sauce & This Is the Best. And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get all of the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu