This Is The Cheapest Item At Costco Right Now
There are usually cheap finds on each Costco warehouse trip—whether there's a big sale going on or if a product is just inexpensive as it is. You can even find some items for under $10! But those aren't the cheapest items Costco has in stock…and the real winner is under $2.
The 5-pound box of Streit's Passover Matzos is $1.97 at Costco. Reddit user @peanutbuttahgainz spotted them recently in San Jose, Calif., and says they are the second cheapest items they've seen at the warehouse behind bananas, which are sold at about $0.50 a pound.
Some other Reddit users gave some info about why the giant box of unleavened Matzo is under $2—number one being that Passover ended on the evening of April 4.
The post sparked a debate about what the cheapest Costco item of all time is, and other shoppers had some items they remember well.
According to The Takeout, if a price at Costco ends in .97, it's a manager sale to "move stock." It makes sense, then, to discount Matzo after the holiday.
Endings .98 and .99 are regular prices, but .29 or .79 means Costco got a deal from the manufacturer. If you see a .88, .00, or the infamous "death star," that means the item is discontinued or damaged and won't be restocked. One beloved item to get the death star recently is the Lavazza Espresso Italiano Whole Bean Coffee.
To get all the latest news about Costco delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again
- – Costco and Walmart Shoppers Are Noticing This Big Problem in Parking Lots