Cardi B Says She's "Skinny" in New Ab-Bearing Photo
Cardi B has never been shy about showing off her curves, whether she's walking the red carpet at an awards show or on set for a music video. However, in a new Instagram photo, the "WAP" singer reveals that she's gotten "skinny"—and that's not necessarily a good thing.
On March 17, Cardi posted a photo of herself wearing a midriff-bearing white Chanel sweater, striped miniskirt, white heels, and a blue Chanel bag to Instagram, captioning the photo, "I'm skinny today." Cardi's celebrity friends were quick to praise Cardi's glamorous look, with actor Chloe Bailey calling the photo, "Gorgeous" and celebrity stylist Mikiel Benyamin commenting, "Skinny legendddd."
However, Cardi's admitted in the past that she's not a fan of looking too thin. In an Instagram Live video following the birth of her daughter Kulture in 2018, Cardi admitted that she was feeling bad about herself after slimming down dramatically without trying.
"I've been very depressed because I cannot stop losing weight," she told her followers. "I don't like looking too skinny."
Cardi admitted that she had "no appetite" and that she was eager to regain the weight she'd shed. "After I gave birth, I was so thirsty to lose all the baby weight and now it's so hard for me to gain weight and I hate it," she told her followers. "I used to look too skinny as a teenager and I used to hate it and I hate it now. It's been really depressing me, making me sad, my weight," she explained.
Fortunately, it seems as though this time, Cardi's not sweating her slimdown. In a March 5 photo, Cardi posted a shot of herself in a plaid minidress, telling fans she was still feeling her curves. "My thighs getting big," she captioned the stylish pic. And for more celebrity weight loss news, This Exact Eating Plan Helped Kate Hudson Lose Weight During Lockdown.
More content from Weight Loss
- – Best Eating Habits from 7 People Who Successfully Lost Belly Fat
- – 19 Weight Loss Foods That Really Work, Say Experts
- – 6 Ways Eating Quinoa Helps You Lose Weight, Say Dietitians
- – 5 Best Dessert Habits to Lose Belly Fat, Say Dietitians
- – This Popular Diet Doesn't Actually Work, Says New Study
- – The Verdict on Drinking Smoothies for Weight Loss, Say Experts
- – People Who Lost 20+ Pounds Swear By These 13 Weight Loss Tips
- – Secret Side Effects of Skipping Breakfast, According to Research