One Major Change Campbell's Is Making to Its Soup
In addition to being the go-to for anyone who is sick, Campbell's line of soups has served as the inspiration for artists as famous as Andy Warhol. Indeed, the brand's iconic cans are as well known for their pop art look as they are for their ability to comfort us on a bad day. However, one major change is about to alter how customers see Campbell's.
The beloved soup cans have been half red and half white for a while now—and that classic color palette is here to stay! But the logo and other aspects of the design are being "refreshed" for the first time in decades, the company recently announced. (Related: The 7 Healthiest Foods to Eat Right Now)
The new iteration of the soup can features a modernized logo scripture, which is an homage to Campbell's storied history. In fact, it's modeled after the original signature of founder Joseph Campbell. There are now "C"s in the fleur de lis at the bottom of the can, plus a slanted "O" in the word "soup" that pays tribute to the letters in the first label—which was also red and white—from 1898.
"We've been on a journey to reimagine this iconic brand and appeal to new generations of consumers who are cooking at home more than ever, while still honoring our rich history," Linda Lee, chief marketing officer of meals and beverages at Campbell Soup Company, says in a statement.
According to Campbell's, the new cans will hit supermarket shelves and online stores soon. So keep an eye out the next time you head to the grocery store!
To get all of the latest grocery news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
For more information about what's happening at your local supermarket, check out:
More content from Groceries
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again
- – Costco and Walmart Shoppers Are Noticing This Big Problem in Parking Lots