BurgerFi's Latest Item May Spark a New Round of Burger Wars
The chain known for "better burgers" has announced the SWAG Burger, which stands for Spicy Wagyu, and the new item promises to dazzle the tastebuds and challenge other fast-food brands. While the chain already offers several burgers featuring patties made from premium Wagyu beef, this is the first spicy burger on their menu.
To be exact, the patty is made with a blend of two-parts Wagyu beef and one-part brisket and is paired with charred jalapeños, candied ghost pepper bacon, sweet tomato relish, habañero pepper jack cheese, and hot steak sauce—aka flavor coming in from all directions. According to the press release, this combo proved to be the winning one in the chain's taste-tests, which surveyed over 2,500 participants.
"Once we had the idea of the spicy burger, it was fun to start playing with ingredients and textures. The candied ghost pepper bacon is perfect for those guests who are more adventurous. That mixed with the boldness of wagyu and creaminess and kick of habañero pepper jack cheese really rounds out the burger to make it one of the most flavorful menu items created at BurgerFi," says Paul Griffin, BurgerFi's Chief Culinary Officer.
But if you want to try this bad boy, you better hurry. The chain is giving fans less than two months to indulge in the SWAG Burger before it's gone. It will land on the menus on March 15 and stay there until May 9, and you can get it in-store, online, or through the BurgerFi app, as well as through third-party delivery at participating locations.
For the latest on fast-food launches, check out 6 Most Anticipated Fast-Food Menu Items Launching This Year, and don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu