If you're the type who knows everything about your favorite celebrity chefs, did you know that Bobby Flay is a serious cat person? According to new reports, his beloved Maine Coon cat has inspired Flay's latest launch: A new pet food line called Made by Nacho.
Granted, Iron Chef fans have often seen Flay fire off dishes under the gun, but as Deadline reports, Made by Nacho was developed over a careful, two-year period of perfecting the recipes to ensure kitty customers would be pleased. It's reported that Flay also developed the cat food in collaboration with Katja Lang, a doctor of veterinary medicine.
"Made by Nacho features wet cat food formulas, dry kibble diets, and freeze-dried protein treats," reports Deadline. "The formulas include cage-free chicken, grass-fed beef, and sustainably sourced salmon, balanced with pumpkin, cranberries, blueberries, and kale to provide antioxidants and other essential nutrients. The formulas also include millet and oats for added fiber, as well as prebiotics and probiotics to support digestive health."
Proceeds from sales of the cat food will go to EveryCat Health Foundation and the Best Friends Animal Society. But even with such a philanthropic spirit, it seems Flay's cat food launch also brought out his true-to-form competitive side: "Dogs have led [research and development] at pet food companies for long enough, and I'm excited to team up with Nacho and educate the larger feline community on cat health," Flay said.
For dog lovers, those may be fighting words… but for cat lovers, Made by Nacho goes on sale April 19 at PetSmart and on the brand's website.
Cat caretakers may also want to check out the popular brand of cat food that was recalled earlier this week.
Sign up for the Eat This, Not That! newsletter for the celebrity food and grocery news you and your furry friends need.
More content from Celeb News
- – 5 Healthy Eating Habits That Camila Cabello Swears By
- – What Maye Musk, Oldest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model, Eats to Stay in Shape at 74
- – The Eating Habit James Corden Swears By That Helped Him Lose Weight
- – 5 Eating Habits Meryl Streep Swears By to Feel Amazing at 72
- – This is Kendall Jenner's Exact Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- – How Randy Jackson Maintains His 100-Pound Weight Loss
- – Kris Jenner Shares How She Organizes Her Massive Fridge
- – These Are Ayesha Curry's 6 Weight Loss Secrets