The 10 Best American Cities for Beer, According to New Data
Last week's loosened mask restrictions for vaccinated Americans (and the fact that national stores are loosening their own requirements) might feel a little like a green light to get out and enjoy again. With summer just around the corner, not only are there some pretty cool craft beer trends to watch out for this season… but now, a new analysis has revealed which U.S. cities are the best for beer drinkers.
The real estate discount company, Clever, used publicly available data to rank 50 of America's cities from best to worst when it comes to beer. Their weighted rankings evaluated:
- The number of breweries within each greater metropolitan area
- The density of breweries per 100 square miles
- The average number of beers per brewery
- The average number of beer styles per brewery
Of the 50 U.S. cities they looked at to find the best beer drinking in the country, below are the top 10. And for more, check out The #1 Best Beer To Drink, According To Dietitians.
San Diego showed up on the list at #10 boasting 69 breweries, 36 average beers, and 14 beer styles.
Cleveland rocked at 49 breweries, 33 average beers, and 17 beer styles on average.
Tampa was bright for beer drinking: 83 breweries, an average of 29 beers, and 13 beer styles.
Denver delivered with 155 breweries, and an average of 24 beers per brewery, and 14 different beer styles.
Portland showed up big with the highest number of breweries on the list: 183 breweries, plus an average of 19 beers per brewery and 11 different beer styles.
L.A. made the beer walk of fame with 158 breweries, an average of 20 beers per brewery, and 12 different beer styles.
Philly was fourth with 139 breweries, an average of 26 beers per brewery, and 15 different beer styles.
Chicago was number three, with 180 breweries in the greater Chicago area, plus an average of 32 beers per brewery and 15 different beer styles.
Indianapolis was second with 102 breweries and an average of 39 beers per brewery and an impressive 20 different beer styles.
and finally, the #1 winner! Of the cities with the best beer-drinking, San Francisco came out on top with 144 breweries and an average of 19 beers per brewery and 11 different beer styles.
Thirsty for more? Check out the country that drinks the most wine, and The Worst Beer To Drink This Summer, According To an Expert. Keep reading:
More content from Restaurants
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu
- – This Is the Fastest Growing Restaurant Chain in America, New Data Shows
- – This Popular Cafe Chain Is Launching Justin Bieber's Favorite Iced Coffee