This is America's #1 Favorite Grocery Store to Buy Beer and Wine
- Depending on where you live, the experience of buying alcohol at a grocery store can vary tremendously. Some laws place restrictions on purchases based on the time and day of the week, while others require alcohol to be sold under entirely separate storefronts. Whatever the case, consumers like to purchase booze at supermarkets because they offer a one-stop shop for all of your grocery needs.
According to the new Beer, Wine and Spirits Shopping Trends survey from ChaseDesign, more than 88% of alcohol purchases were made inside stores in 2020. For grocery shoppers, the poll of 1,000 shoppers also revealed the four supermarkets that offer the best in-store experience when buying alcoholic beverages.
Without further ado, here are the top four grocery stores for alcohol purchases, excluding local independent liquor stores. Can you guess which one reigns supreme? (Related: This Is the Best Supermarket in America, New Survey Says)4
Total Wine finishes in fourth place on this list, with nearly 20% of survey respondents saying it offers the best in-store experience. This makes sense—after all, it's a store completely dedicated to selling alcohol.
Related: To get all the latest grocery store news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!3
People like by buying groceries and alcoholic beverages in bulk because it saves money. Thus, it perhaps comes as no surprise that Costco finishes in third place on this list. More than 21% of respondents say the warehouse chain is their go-to for buying alcohol in-store. With new additions and seasonal favorites dropping throughout the year, shoppers certainly have a wide variety of options at a good price.
For assistance with picking a bottle of vino, check out the 30 Best Wines You Can Buy at Costco.2
Target is the bullseye of nearly 25% of individuals, earning it a second place finish on this list. The retail chain sells fan-favorites like White Claw, Jack Daniel's, and Budweiser. Oh, and it also carries one of The 5 Best New Low-Sugar Wines on Grocery Shelves.
And America's #1 favorite grocery store to buy beer and wine is…1
Walmart is known for its low prices, and it's also apparently recognized for having the best in-store experience when buying alcoholic beverages. Almost 39% of respondents declared America's largest grocery chain to be #1.
For more grocery news, check out:
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again