If You're Using One of These 21 Infant Formulas, Throw It Out Now, FDA Says
Nearly 80,000 units of baby formula products distributed by Able Groupe are being recalled, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Meanwhile, the federal agency is highlighting an important food safety issue for new parents to keep in mind.
In total, 21 different products are part of the recall, eight of which have insufficient iron levels. Moreover, all of the formulas did "not bear mandatory labeling statements in English." Manufactured in Europe, the products were distributed in the U.S. by Able Groupe and sold through the littlebundle website.
The FDA requires baby formula products with less than 1 milligram of iron per 100 calories to clearly state on the label that more iron could be needed. But the eight formulas with insufficient iron levels did "not include the required statement," the agency said.
In addition to individuals born with low iron levels, an inadequate level of iron could impact babies born prematurely or underweight, according to the FDA. In infants, inadequate iron intake could cause iron deficiency anemia. This condition may lead to "irreversible cognitive and functional development outcomes" if left untreated.
For a full list of the products being recalled, click here. If you have any of the products on this list, throw them out now.
Able Groupe did not immediately respond to a request for comment by Eat This, Not That!.
- Secret Side Effects of Eating Mango, Says Dietitian
- This Popular Diet Is a Health "Disaster," Says New Study
- If You Bought This Chicken, Throw It Out Now, USDA Says
- If You Bought These Muffins, Throw Them Out Now, FDA Says
To get the grocery news you need delivered to your inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
Read the original article on Eat This, Not That!
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again