These New Starbucks Drinks Are Loaded With Real Fruit
The country's largest coffee chains have been busy recently. Dunkin' announced they are now offering oat milk at every location across the country. And there are two brand new Starbucks fruit drinks on the menu because summer isn't over just yet!
The Kiwi Starfruit Refresher is made with starfruit and kiwi flavored juice. It is shaken in true refresher fashion with freeze-dried kiwi pieces. No, they aren't technically fresh fruit pieces, but freeze-dried fruit actually contains a lot of nutrients. It's also pretty flavorful.
The Star Drink is also made with the same combo of juices and kiwi pieces but also has coconut milk. So while these two do contain real fruit that has been freeze-dried, the juice bases contain white grape juice concentrate and watermelon juice.
There's also come added sugars in both of the new Starbucks fruit drinks to watch out for. In total, a Grande Kiwi Starfruit Refresher has 18 grams and a Grande Star Drink has 22 grams. According to the American Heart Association, women should only consume about 25 grams a day. Men should eat no more than 36 grams. Order a 30oz Trenta in either version and you're already over the daily recommended amount.
Along with the sugars, both drinks contain a little bit of caffeine, but the amount is significantly less than regular coffee. A Trenta in either drink has 90 milligrams, while a Grande Pike Place has 310 milligrams.
The two new menu additions join three others that were announced earlier in the summer. The Impossible Breakfast Sandwich made with Impossibly sausage, Cold Brew with Cinnamon Almond Milk Foam, and Cold Brew with Dark Cocoa Almond Milk Foam made it to cafes in June. The Impossibly Breakfast Sandwich marked a first for the coffee chain. Plant-based milk options like coconut, almond, and oat milk have been on the menu for a while, but the sandwich is the first meat item to be added.
For more Starbucks menu news, sign up for our daily newsletter!
More content from Restaurants
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu
- – This Is the Fastest Growing Restaurant Chain in America, New Data Shows
- – This Popular Cafe Chain Is Launching Justin Bieber's Favorite Iced Coffee