McDonald's May Cut This Beloved Menu Fixture For Good
McDonald's, despite being a fast-food icon, has seen its fair share of changes lately because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Dining in still isn't an option at many of the 14.428 locations across the country — forcing the brand to adapt to drive-thru only (the process has gotten this much faster).
Perhaps the biggest change has to do with the food McDonald's is serving. They recently announced the return of seven menu items that were part of about 100 taken off the list to achieve quicker service. The list of foods coming back includes three desserts, two Quarter Pounder options, the Bacon McDouble, and hot tea.
Not on the list? Salads. Yep, your choices for a vitamin-rich and veggie-packed option are now lower than ever. Also not on the list? All-day breakfast. And it might never be on the list again.
Recently the National Owners Association, a group of about 80% of franchised locations, voted "no" to bringing back McDonald's breakfast all day. That could mean no Sausage McGriddles for lunch or Hotcakes for dinner. They said the streamlined operations with a small menu are beneficial for customer satisfaction and getting them in and out faster — which is the top priority of the brand, according to Restaurant Business.
"The limited menu and ease of operations are allowing our teams to focus on providing blazing fast service," Blake Casper, the National Owners Association chairman said about potentially bringing breakfast back all day. McDonald's breakfast all day was a beneficial change when it was introduced in 2015. Sales rose and new items were about to be introduced before stay-at-home orders were issued.
Two new sandwich options, the Crispy Chicken and the Deluxe Crispy Chicken were being tested earlier this year. Be on the lookout for those soon, at one of the 95% of locations that have reopened, and get all new restaurant news by signing up for our newsletter!
More content from Restaurants
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu
- – This Is the Fastest Growing Restaurant Chain in America, New Data Shows
- – This Popular Cafe Chain Is Launching Justin Bieber's Favorite Iced Coffee