McDonald's Is Partnering With This Celeb to Reach New Fast-Food Fans
McDonald's is planning for a big, star-studded marketing push according to Business Insider, and they've just announced their first celeb collaboration.
According to a memo from the chain's US chief marketing officer Morgan Flatley, Travis Scott has signed an agreement with the fast-food icon for an upcoming collaboration, details of which are still under wraps.
Not only is Scott a huge fan of McDonald's, but the chain has pointed out the rapper's status as a cultural icon that can help the brand reach a new audience. "From his impossible-to-get Nike sneaker line, to a cereal collab with General Mills that sold out in 30 seconds, to a record-setting virtual concert series inside Fortnite, Travis Scott is the definition of big in culture," Flatley wrote in the memo obtained by Business Insider.
McDonald's has taken recent steps toward a new marketing strategy. Flatley has been quoted as saying the company's goal is to reconnect with their multicultural and Aftican-American consumers, and will be taking steps to do so. They have also upped their social media game, adopting a wittier voice with more personality on Twitter.
While we don't yet know what the collaboration with Travis Scott will look like, rumors are swirling about it being an apparel line. So stay tuned for more updates!
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu
- – This Is the Fastest Growing Restaurant Chain in America, New Data Shows
- – This Popular Cafe Chain Is Launching Justin Bieber's Favorite Iced Coffee