McDonald's Adds Bacon to Three Classic Menu Items
Roses are red, violets are blue, bacon is crispy and delicious, and burgers topped with it are, too. At least, that's what McDonald's is going with.
The fast-food chain announced that the company is adding bacon to three of its classic menus at participating restaurants throughout the U.S. But these new additions will only be available for a limited time, so you'll have to act fast to get your fix.
McDonald's is calling the new menu items launch, "Bacon on Classics," which you'll be able to try for yourself beginning Wednesday, Jan. 30.
Here are the three menu items McDonald's is beefing up (or should we say porking up?) with bacon, according to the official press release:
- Big Mac Bacon: Three pieces of thick-cut applewood smoked bacon will be distributed among the two beef patties, which will be—as the press release advertises—"an exciting twist on the iconic fan-favorite's 50-year history."
- Quarter Pounder Bacon: They will add three pieces of thick-cut applewood smoked bacon atop the fresh beef burger.
- Cheesy Bacon Fries: The company's World Famous Fries will be topped with not only smoked bacon bits, but also lathered in cheddar cheese as well.
McDonald's introduced cheesy bacon fries to its menu last year as a limited-edition item only sold in select restaurants among Hawaii and northern California. This exclusive test run proved successful (but honestly, how wouldn't it), so they announced that the product would return in 2019 and this time around be offered across the nation.
As for the Big Mac and Quarter Pounder, we're just as surprised as you are by these new versions, but if they're going to mess with anything from their classic menu, adding bacon to these two megastars can't hurt, right?
So, why bacon?
The press release also presents an interesting statistic about bacon: "Since 2018, this tasty indulgence has been mentioned more than 17,000 times a day across U.S. online platforms." In other words, the word bacon appears across the internet about 740 times an hour. That's a whole lot of bacon talk if you ask us.
"People love bacon, and they love our iconic Big Mac, fresh beef Quarter Pounder burgers, and World Famous Fries, so we had to see what would happen if we combined all that tastiness," says Chef Michael Haracz, McDonald's Manager of Culinary Innovation in the press release. "As a bacon enthusiast myself, I'm proud to say that we've done right by bacon fans, and I can't wait for our customers to try these classics with delicious, thick-cut applewood smoked bacon for themselves."
We're sure bacon and McDonald's fans alike will be stoked about this new product launch.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu