The New Oatmeal Topping We're Totally Obsessed With
Here at Eat This, Not That!, we're major fans of fiber- and protein-packed oatmeal—and with good reason! Eating the stuff can help you lose weight, reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes, and even lower your cholesterol. But if you're waking up to a bowl of the stuff on the reg, it can get pretty boring—and fast. After all, there's a limit to how many repeat toppings you can add before you find yourself craving a short stack of maple syrup-soaked pancakes.
So when we came across Just Spice's brand spankin' new Oatmeal Spice Blend, we were beyond excited to try it. The seasoning blend contains ground almonds and coconut flakes along with warming spices like vanilla bean, cocoa, cinnamon (one of the healthiest spices on the planet), and ginger.
To make breakfast with the stuff, simply sprinkle some into your oats (we used about a teaspoon but you can totally use more) and then stir everything up. The seasoning added some sophisticated flavor notes to our bowls without overwhelming our palates. And since the seasoning is free of sugar (yay!), we also added a bit of honey for a touch of sweetness.
Interested in giving it trying it for yourself? Nab a bottle at JustSpices.com. While their Oatmeal Spice Blend is super versatile (you can bake with it or add it to cereal and yogurt), Just Spices carries a bunch of other fun mixes like BBQ-flavored popcorn seasoning and smoothie boosters to makeover some of your other favorite healthy snacks. (Psst! All the blends are USDA-certified organic and contain zero flavor enhancers like button-blasting MSG.) Looking for even more ways to get the most out of your spices? Don't miss these 5 Best Spice Blends With Benefits.
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – The Worst Breakfast Foods You Should Never Start Your Day With