Jimmy Dean Delights' Eggwiches Might Be Your New Keto Favorite
From egg, cheese, and sausage croissant sandwiches to ham-stuffed hash browns, Jimmy Dean's isn't exactly known for serving up healthy breakfasts. But thanks to the latest keto, low-carb diet trends, Jimmy is giving people exactly what they want. Enter: Jimmy Dean Delights Eggwiches. These new breadless sandwiches subtract the amount of waist-widening carbs by using egg patties in their place.
The microwaveable meals come in three different varieties, including Broccoli and Cheese; Bacon Spinach, Caramelized Onion, and Parmesan; and Ham, Bell Peppers, Mushroom, Bacon, and Onion. Our pick: The Ham, Bell Peppers, Mushroom, Bacon and Onion Eggwich. This savory breakfast packs fiber-rich vegetables with the heartiness of turkey sausage and cheese for a satisfying breakfast you can pop in the microwave and go. At 280 calories, 17 grams of fat, and 13 grams of protein, you'll fill up without too much guilt.
And if you're on keto, we recommend the Bacon, Spinach, Caramelized Onion, and Parmesan Eggwich. It delivers 14 grams of protein and 19 grams of fat with only 6 net carbs—perfect for maintaining ketosis and energizing you to start your day. But because these meals are on the high-end of the sodium spectrum, we recommend taking the breadless 'wich down with a tall glass of water. And if you usually enjoy your breakfast with coffee, enjoy it black—or with some unsweetened almond milk to keep the carb count low—sans sugar or artificial sweeteners. For more microwaveable breakfast ideas, check out The 46 Best Frozen Foods in America.
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – I Tried 6 Fruit Snacks, and This Was My Favorite
- – The FDA Is Taking Action Against These Toxic Grocery Items, New Report Says
- – 15 Foods to Eat When You're Not Getting Any Exercise
- – The Top 7 Food Trends We Saw at Expo West 2022
- – These New Drinks Are Taking Over Your Grocery Store's Alcohol Aisle
- – These New Grocery Items Just Dropped—Here's What To Get And What To Skip
- – Shoppers Are Avoiding This Popular Grocery Item, Says New Report