The Perfect Summer Jalapeño Chimichurri Recipe
When your garden is overflowing with peppers and summer herbs, whip up a batch of jalapeño chimichurri then store it in your fridge or freezer to keep those summer flavors alive all year round!
Looking for even more easy dips? Check out our list of 6 Healthy Dip Recipes to Make at Home.
Makes 1 cup
1/4 cup vinegar or lemon juice
3 cloves garlic
1 jalapeño, halved and seeded
1/2 cup fresh parsley or cilantro leaves
2 Tbsp. fresh oregano
Pinch of chili flakes
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
How to Make It
- Place vinegar or lemon juice, garlic, jalapeño, resh parsley and or cilantro leaves, fresh oregano, and a chili flakes, and a large pinch of salt in a blender.
- Pulse a few times to start then blend on medium speed. Slowly add extra virgin olive oil and 2 to 3 ice cubes. Puree until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides if necessary. Season with additional salt and chili flakes to taste. Serve over grilled fish, chicken, steak, pork, or veggies!
- Transfer any leftovers to a glass or plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. Store up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Chef's tip: Divide the jalapeño chimichurri into ice cube trays and freeze and use 1 to 2 cubes as desired per recipe.
Turn your jalapeño chimichurri into a fresh corn & tomato salsa and stir in 1 large diced tomato and 1 cup fresh charred corn kernels! Serve with tortilla chips.
Get even more healthy recipes straight to your inbox by signing up for our newsletter!
More content from Recipes
- – 15 Foods That Just Taste Better in the South
- – 21 Old-Fashioned Midwestern Desserts to Try This Weekend
- – 30 Healthy Stuffed Chicken Recipes to Make Tonight
- – Triple B Mary Cocktail Recipe
- – 10 Popular "Midwestern" Dishes That Aren't Actually From the Midwest
- – 21 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – Honey Butter Whiskey Scallops Recipe
- – 45+ Best Healthy Copycat Restaurant Recipes to Try Tonight