An Emerald Isle-Inspired Irish Aitall Cocktail
Recipe courtesy of Jose Cuervo Tradicional Tequila Añejo
Yes, you are reading that correctly — this festive cocktail is made with tequila and not whiskey! But Cuervo Tradicional Añejo does have a connection to the Irish liquid gold… it is aged in Irish single malt whiskey barrels.
Don't fret, though. What the Irish Aitall lacks in dark liquor it makes up for in other herby and fruity flavors with a hint of sweetness inspired by the Celtic flavors we all know and love every March 17.
Before you begin crafting the cocktail, make the simple syrup by simmering equal parts sugar and water, then adding cut-up fennel and caraway seeds, allowing it all to steep. Once the syrup is strained, you're ready to get started on the Irish Aitall. When it's completed, add grapefruit and thyme sprigs for presentation, and get to celebrating!
4 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
2 oz Jose Cuervo Tradicional Añejo
3 ⁄4 oz caraway-fennel simple syrup
Splash of fresh grapefruit juice
How to Make It
- Muddle the thyme.
- Add the Cuervo Tradicional Añejo and simple syrup and fill shaker with ice.
- Shake well. Strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Top with soda water and squeeze of grapefruit juice. Garnish with thyme sprigs and dehydrated grapefruit.
More content from Recipes
- – 21 Old-Fashioned Midwestern Desserts to Try This Weekend
- – Triple B Mary Cocktail Recipe
- – 21 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – Honey Butter Whiskey Scallops Recipe
- – 45+ Best Healthy Copycat Restaurant Recipes to Try Tonight
- – Pork Chops with Maple Rye Glaze Recipe
- – 5 Best Recipes to Help Lower Blood Sugar, Says Dietitian
- – Carrot Cake Energy Bites