Eat This!: Healthy Homemade Wendy's Frosty
While we can't deny it tastes beyond amazing, there's no denying that a Frosty's nutritional profile is sub-par at best. A medium-sized chocolate treat has 460 calories and a whopping 63 grams of sugar—that's more than you'd find in 17 Chips Ahoy Original Chocolate Chip cookies! Not exactly what you should be eating if weight loss is your goal.
The good news is, you don't have to give up your beloved Frosty to get a lean, flat stomach—you can just make a healthified version at home. The recipe we found tastes pretty darn close to the original and has just 263 calories and 15 grams of sugar. Talk about a healthy recipe makeover! Besides a blender, all you'll need to whip one up is some almond milk (we like Silk's Unsweetened Original), a frozen banana, vanilla extract, raw cacao powder (make sure it's the nutrient-packed non-alkalized variety), and almond butter, which helps boost the drink's satiety factor.
Get the full recipe from Tara Stiles.
MELT UP TO 10 POUNDS IN ONE WEEK! WITH OUR BEST-SELLING NEW DIET PLAN, The 7-Day Flat-Belly Tea Cleanse! Test panelists lost up to 4 inches from their waist! Available now for Kindle, iBooks, Nook, Google Play, and Kobo.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – The Best Dessert Menu in Every State
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States