3 Ways to Eat the Avocado Pit
Eating the tasty green meat but throwing away the giant avocado pit is a lot like going for a jog, but always doing so for the same amount of time; you're missing out on chances to amp up the weight loss burn!
Thanks to its oleic-acid content (which boosts your metabolism), noshing on the mighty green fruit can help shrink your waist. But eating the meat and the pit may bolster your results. How? The pit is filled with four nutrients that have been shown to support total health, fitness recovery, and weight loss: calcium, soluble fiber, magnesium, and potassium. And once you (carefully) crush the seed with a meat mallet and grind it in the blender, there are numerous tasty ways to eat it. Below are three super-easy ways to try it and here are 30 best ever avocado recipes on Instagram to give you plenty of chances!
Make a Smoothie
The easiest way to consume an avocado seed is through a straw. To make a smoothie with the oft-overlooked superfood, combine two apples, a peeled lemon, half a banana, a half-cup of spinach, ginger to taste, and half of the ground avocado seed.
Whip Up Some Mole
The taste of an avocado seed is a perfect ingredient to balance spicy mole recipes. Since the pit is quite bitter and has a strong flavor, we suggest using no more than one ground pit per batch.
Brew a Cup of Tea
Use a tea infuser and throw large chunks of chopped avocado pit inside (a pulverized seed will seep out through the holes). Toss the infuser into a mug and then pour boiling water over it. Since avocado seeds are more bitter, you may need to add a bit of sweetener or honey to make your drink more palatable.
More content from Healthy Eating
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – The #1 Best Fruit for a Healthy Gut, Says Dietitian
- – Surprising Side Effects of Eating Too Much Butter, Say Dietitians
- – The Best Diet To Lower Blood Pressure, Says Dietitian
- – Secret Side Effects of Eating Peanut Butter, Says Science
- – This Popular Grocery Item Is Linked to Foodborne Illness, Says New Study
- – 8 Eating Habits People with Healthy Cholesterol Swear By
- – The Worst Breakfast Habit Causing Your Muscle Loss, Says Study