Halo Top is Releasing a New Flavor for the Holidays
It's so hard to stay on track with your healthy eating plan around the holidays: company parties, family gatherings, and dozens of homemade cookies make it nearly impossible to resist temptation.
Luckily, Halo Top Creamery, which makes low-calorie, high-protein ice cream pints that taste just like their full-fat counterparts, is making it possible to indulge this holiday season without packing on the extra pounds. Halo Top is releasing a new flavor, Gingerbread House, which is "loaded with ginger cookie bites and rich swirls of icing," according to an official press release.
Gingerbread House will replace Pumpkin Pie as the new seasonal flavor in grocery stores starting at the end of November and will be available until the end of the year.
"Gingerbread House was a really fun flavor to make," Justin Woolverton, founder and CEO of Halo Top, said in a press release. "Not only is it delicious, we think it's a great follow-up to our first seasonal flavor, Pumpkin Pie. We hope our fans enjoy this seasonal flavor as much as we do!"
At just 90 calories and an impressive 5 grams of protein per ½-cup serving (360 calories and a whopping 20 grams of protein per pint), it's definitely an Eat This-approved treat. For comparison, one serving of Keebler Gingerbread Men Cookies clocks in at 150 calories, 26 grams of carbs, 11 grams of sugar, and just 2 grams of protein.
Bonus: You can enjoy all the flavors of a homemade gingerbread house without the tedious process of actually having to build one. If you're craving something else sweet around the holidays, be sure to check out our list of The 50 Most Popular Christmas Candies—Ranked!
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – The Worst Breakfast Foods You Should Never Start Your Day With