The One Thing You'll Need While Grocery Shopping From Now On
When going grocery shopping during the coronavirus pandemic there are a few things you have to remember. Several of them probably cross your mind before you leave the house — like bringing your phone, keys, wallet, and mask. At the store, safety precautions like social distancing and wiping down the cart before use are also probably second nature by now.
But there is one thing you should remind yourself not to forget. It's on your phone so hopefully it's an easy one to remember. Grocery stores have been busy stocking shelves the past few months, but they also have been working on upgrading their mobile apps!
Walmart's Grocery app used to be separate from its main app, but the two have joined forces. Now it's a customer must-have and the app store can't download it fast enough. In April, downloads went up 460% compared to the beginning of 2020, according to Grocery Dive. Target saw a similar trend when the pandemic began.
So what makes apps so handy? Many offer discounts, have grocery list features and store maps, show membership reward information, allow for pickup or delivery orders, and more.
But it's not just customers getting the benefits of new app updates. Walmart recently announced a new app for employees called "Ask Sam." It was developed in 2019 and lets workers ask information about products, availability, prices, and store maps. It also sends real-time emergency alerts, like COVID-19 updates, right to them, according to USA Today.
If you're not using the grocery app in-store to check items off your list or to find different sections, many offer ordering options for pickup or delivery. Both Target and Walmart allow customers to select the items they need, which will be dropped off at their door. This method is very similar to Insacart, Amazon Fresh, Peapod, and others.
More content from Groceries
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again
- – Costco and Walmart Shoppers Are Noticing This Big Problem in Parking Lots
- – 5 Freezer Aisle Brands to Stay Away From Right Now