The Easiest Greek Salad Pizzas
Whoever said you had to pick salad or pizza was seriously missing out. These Greek salad pizzas is the absolutely best of both worlds. Mixing together a Greek salad and topping on whole-wheat pita pockets is the perfect way to turn a boring salad into a delicious dinner feast. So next time you're craving salad and pizza, don't bother deciding between the two and just have both with these Greek salad pizzas for dinner.
Recipe development by Sue Hoss.
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
3 whole-wheat pocket-style pita bread rounds, halved horizontally
3/4 cup crumbled basil tomato feta cheese or plain feta cheese (3 oz.)
3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
1 cup halved grape tomatoes
1 cup sliced halved cucumber
1 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
12 pitted Kalamata olives, thinly sliced
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl microwave garlic and oil 30 seconds. Arrange pita halves, cut sides up, on a large baking sheet. Brush cut sides of pitas with some of the garlic oil; sprinkle feta evenly over top. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until edges of pitas start to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the remaining garlic oil, the vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- Top pitas with salad. Serve immediately.
Sign up for our newsletter to get even more recipe ideas straight to your inbox.
More content from Recipes
- – 21 Old-Fashioned Midwestern Desserts to Try This Weekend
- – 21 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – Honey Butter Whiskey Scallops Recipe
- – 45+ Best Healthy Copycat Restaurant Recipes to Try Tonight
- – Pork Chops with Maple Rye Glaze Recipe
- – 5 Best Recipes to Help Lower Blood Sugar, Says Dietitian
- – Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- – Orange Creamsicle Chia Pudding