The Best Gluten-Free Vegan Crepes
Lazy weekend mornings call for fun breakfast foods. Pancakes and waffles are an easy go-to, but you can always lighten up the calories (and the carbs!) with these lighter-than-air vegan crepes. These crepes are made with PB2's Performance Peanut Protein, which boosts the protein content and gives these crepes an immense amount of flavor. Fill with a homemade vegan yogurt filling, berries, and top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar for a delectable weekend treat. Perfect for breakfast, or hey, even a dessert!
For the crepes:
2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
6 Tbsp water
3/4 cup gluten-free oat milk
1/2 cup sparkling water (regular water will work, too)
1 cup of 1:1 gluten-free baking flour
1/4 tsp salt
3 Tbsp vegan butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 scoops PB2 Performance – Peanut Protein (Dutch Cocoa)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
For the filling:
8 oz. vanilla gluten-free vegan yogurt
2-3 cups of berries of your choice
For the topping:
Berries of your choice
Powdered sugar, for dusting
How to Make It:
- Make two flaxseed "eggs" by combining flaxseed meal with water. Mix together and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine all of the crepe ingredients into a blender until smooth. If you have to hand mix, make sure the batter is as smooth as possible.
- Heat a small 6" non-stick pan on medium heat. Spray with oil.
- Pour a small amount of crepe batter into the pan and immediately start swirling the pan to help spread the batter out as thin as possible. You got this! Don't let this part stress you out. It takes practice if you've never made crepes before.
- After about a minute, use a spatula to lift the edges and carefully flip the crepe. Cook the other side until golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Spread the vanilla yogurt on each crepe-like sauce on a pizza, add about 4-5 berries in a row, and roll the crepe up.
- Top with whatever you want! I used powdered sugar and more berries.
Eat This! Tip
You can make the batter the night before if you want! Store in the fridge and it will be good to go the next morning.
For more easy recipe ideas, be sure to sign up for our newsletter.
More content from Recipes
- – 10 Popular "Midwestern" Dishes That Aren't Actually From the Midwest
- – 5 Best Recipes to Prevent Aging Bones, Says Dietitian
- – 5 High-Protein Breakfast Recipes For Belly Fat Loss, Says Science
- – Mini Banana Pancake Bites Recipe
- – Strawberry-Banana Toaster Tart Recipe
- – 8 High-Protein Vegetarian Recipes to Make Tonight
- – 5 Best Egg Recipes to Shrink Belly Fat, Says Dietitian
- – The Best Breakfast Recipes for Stronger Muscles, Says Dietitian