Disney World Just Opened the World's Most Mind-Blowing McDonald's
The huge new restaurant near All-Star Resorts on Buena Vista Drive has a Net Zero Energy status, meaning it creates 100% of the energy it needs to function.
There are over 1,000 solar panels on the roof of the energy efficient McDonald's to light up the inside of the restaurant. The roof is also shaped like a "V" to reach the most sun. Solar panel poles in the parking lot keep it lit at night, as well.
It also has an energy control system that monitors which parts of the restaurant are using the most power. The dining room has over 600-square-feet of windows that use the wind to funnel in fresh cool air. This also helps control the temperature inside. A 1,700-square-foot living wall filled with plants uses up rainwater and helps to keep the building cool.
Customers that dine-in not only will be able to enjoy their favorites, but they'll also get to learn about renewable energy and how the restaurant operates using less water and electricity. Stationary bikes are set up for guests in the energy efficient McDonald's to generate their own power to light up the store's Golden Arches and other lights, according to local Orlando news station FOX 35.
Because of the coronavirus pandemic, the location is currently only open for drive-through and delivery orders. Once it's fully open, it will give the company an idea of how to make every McDonald's more energy efficient. The Disney World location is part of the company's pledge to reduce carbon emissions by over 35% by 2030.
To get all breaking restaurant news, sign up for our newsletter and you'll get alerts right in your email inbox!
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu