You Can No Longer Buy This Beloved KFC Item Starting Today
A big menu change KFC has been rolling out for the past several months is now fully in effect across all of their locations nationwide. Starting today, their fan-favorite potato wedges are officially no longer available. Instead, you can order the Secret Recipe Fries, a new side option featuring thick-cut fries dusted with the secret blend of 11 spices and herbs the chain uses on their fried chicken. And it's precisely these fries that have squeezed the wedges off the menu.
In 2019, the restaurant chain announced they would be taking their first foray into French fries stateside, by testing the new fries in select locations. It looks like the testing phase went well, because in early June the company officially announced the new potato in town would permanently replace the long-standing menu favorite that were the wedges. "While we know there are wedge-lovers out there who may be disappointed, consumer response to our Secret Recipe Fries during the test and the rollout has been overwhelmingly positive," a company rep told Thrillist.
And disappointed they were—many wedge lovers took to social media to express their disapproval of the menu swap. "KFC getting rid of potato wedges has to be the biggest disgrace", "THERES NO MORE POTATO WEDGES AT KFC!? BYE CANCELED", and "KFC's really gonna get rid of their potato wedges in times like these??" were just some of the reactions on Twitter.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu