A Cozy Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Nothing beats a steaming bowl of chicken noodle soup on a cold day, does it? Especially if it can be cooked with minimal effort! This Crock-Pot chicken noodle soup recipe is the perfect meal to warm up a crowd on a winter day.
This recipe is delectable with some freshly baked bread (like a sourdough baguette) and a fresh, crispy garden salad with some Italian dressing. It's an easy lunch meal if you're looking to serve a lot of people. But instead of buying the soup, salad, and breadsticks lunch deal over at Olive Garden, you can have an easy (and healthy) version of it right at home.
Don't have chicken stock? Use chicken bouillon.
If you don't have cartons of chicken broth, you can make your own by using cubes of chicken bouillon instead. For most brands, 1 cube with 1 cup of hot water will make 1 cup of broth. However, some brands are different, so make sure to read the packaging instructions before mixing up the broth.
Makes 6 servings
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 stalks of celery, sliced
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
8 cups chicken stock
8 oz. egg noodles
How to Make It
- Add the chicken, celery, carrots, onion, garlic cloves, thyme, and rosemary into the slow cooker.
- Pour in the chicken stock.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- During the last 15 minutes, remove the chicken breast. Shred with a fork.
- Add the chicken breast back in, as well as the egg noodles. Cook for the last 15 minutes.
Eat This! Tip
Freeze this meal and save it for later! Add the chicken, celery, carrots, onion, garlic cloves, and salt into a gallon-size freezer bag. Make sure to defrost the meal in the refrigerator 24 hours before putting it into the slow cooker. Mix ingredients together so they are evenly distributed before turning on the slow cooker. Pour in the chicken stock and follow the normal instructions of the recipe from there.
More content from Recipes
- – 15 Foods That Just Taste Better in the South
- – 30 Healthy Stuffed Chicken Recipes to Make Tonight
- – 21 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – Honey Butter Whiskey Scallops Recipe
- – 45+ Best Healthy Copycat Restaurant Recipes to Try Tonight
- – 15 Healthy Stir-Fry Recipes That Take 25 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 50 Best Vintage Southern Recipes
- – 16 Quick & Healthy Soup Recipes That Could Help You Lose Weight