Would You Try Chick-fil-A's New Meal Kits?
Meal kits are all the rage right now, ultimately helping hungry folks skip the trip to the drive-thru. But what if there was another way to get food fast without actually unwrapping fast food?
Chick-fil-A's new meal kits will let you do just that. Beginning August 27 through November 17, Chick-fil-A will test five different meal kits at 150 Atlanta locations, after which the chain will gauge success and decide whether to roll out the kits nationwide.
The new Mealtime Kits will consist of the traditional pre-measured ingredients and a recipe card, which will help you craft a full meal for two at home in just about a half hour. Atlanta-based customers can choose from five poultry-based meals including chicken Parmesan, chicken enchiladas, chicken flatbread, Dijon chicken, and pan-roasted chicken—all made with the same hormone-free chicken fried fresh in stores. Customers can grab the kits at a Chick-fil-A drive-thru, store, or via the Chick-fil-A One app.
"We designed our offering so our guests don't have to order ahead, subscribe to a service or make an extra stop at the grocery store," Michael Patrick, Innovation & New Ventures lead at Chick-fil-A, said in a statement. "[Guests] simply pick up a Mealtime Kit at one of our restaurants at their convenience—for example, when they're already at a Chick-fil-A restaurant grabbing breakfast or lunch or in the drive-thru on their way home."
The beloved chicken joint is the first quick-service chain to debut at-home meal kits. And while the testing is limited to Chick-fil-A's hometown, the chain admitted it is actively looking for its next target city by encouraging fans to fill out this form. While the joint ponders rolling out meal kits in your city, don't miss our ranking of every item at Chick-fil-A before you order!
More content from Restaurants
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – 7 Bizarre Rules That Chick-fil-A Employees Have to Follow
- – Chick-fil-A Is Adding Two Seasonal Items to the Menu Next Week
- – We Tasted 5 Fast-Food Chicken Nuggets & These Are the Best
- – 7 Most Famous Sauces In Fast-Food History
- – Chick-fil-A's Signature Sandwich May Be Getting Smaller, Customers Say
- – The Most Unique Chick-fil-A Location in America Just Opened Here