The CDC Announces Key Times to Wear Your Face Mask
With face mask mandates in certain states, and the CDC confirming they prevent the spread of COVID-19, now is the time to wear one regularly. But when exactly? The CDC just released more details about when they are needed. "Your cloth face cover may help protect others," says the agency. "Their cloth face cover may protect you." Click through to discover when you should wear yours.
Out in Public
"Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings," says the CDC. "Wearing a cloth face covering will help protect people around you, including those at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 and workers who frequently come into close contact with other people (e.g., in stores and restaurants).
Sick and Interacting With Others at Home
Because the coronavirus can be spread via droplets, if you are ill, you could spread the virus to others. Even if you don't have coronavirus, it's best to wear a mask, as infecting another person with anything may weaken their immune system and make them more susceptible to the virus.
Caring For Someone Sick at Home
Just as you don't want to infect others, others can infect you. Wear a mask if you're caring for someone who is ill.
Cloth Coverings Should Not Be Worn By
- Children under age 2
- Anyone who has trouble breathing
- Anyone who can't take the cover off without help from another person (e.g. someone who is unconscious or paralyzed), according to the CDC.
How to Stay Healthy Where You Are
As for yourself: To stay healthy no matter where you live, avoid crowds (and bars, and house parties), wear a face mask, practice social distancing, only run essential errands, wash your hands regularly, disinfect frequently touched surfaces, and to get through this pandemic at your healthiest, don't miss these 37 Places You're Most Likely to Catch Coronavirus.
More content from ETNT Health
- – Signs Your Abdominal Fat is "Dangerous"
- – Surprising Effects of Taking Supplements Every Day, Says Physician
- – Here's How to Lose Belly Fat After 50, Say Physicians
- – 5 Ways to Stop Dementia, According to Experts
- – Signs You Have Fibromyalgia Like Morgan Freeman
- – If You Spot This in Your Mouth, You're at Risk for Heart Attack, Says Study
- – Here's How to Lower Your Blood Pressure "Instantly"
- – I'm a Virus Expert and Warn You Don't Go Here Now