Best & Worst Sandwich at Jimmy John's
The sammy chain Jimmy John's has a menu that's a special kind of satisfying: We like it because they scoop out the inside of the bread before adding the fillings. Just be careful which you ask for.
Turkey Tom, with mustard instead of mayo, on 7-grain wheat bread
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||14.5 g|
Tuna is one of the best weight loss foods and an excellent source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, but don't assume it's always healthier than other menu offerings. Jimmy John's Club Tuna has as many calories as two McDonalds' Quarter Pounders with cheese, thanks to the copious amount of mixed-in mayonnaise. (Be advised: The also-healthy-sounding Gourmet Veggie Club has only 30 fewer calories, ringing in at 970, because of an overdose of avocado spread and provolone cheese.) A better choice for a substantial sandwich is the Turkey Tom on 7-grain bread, which pairs turkey breast with lettuce and tomato for a protein-rich meal. Swapping the mayo for mustard will save you 150 calories and 75% of the fat. That'll make for one smart sub.
More content from Restaurants
- – 4 Most Overpriced Sandwich Chains, According to Customers
- – 8 Sandwich Chains That Use the Highest Quality Ingredients
- – The Best Breakfast Sandwich in Every State
- – 7 Worst Fast-Food Sandwiches to Stay Away From Right Now
- – The Best Deli In Every State
- – The Best Sandwich in Every State
- – The Best Chicken Sandwich in Every State
- – We Tried 13 Fast-Food Fish Sandwiches & This Is the Best