Berry Banana Fro-Whip Recipe
If you've ever had the Dole Whip at a Disney Theme Park, then you know the dreamy and addicting potential this dessert has. Leave the ice cream and popsicles on the grocery store shelves and let this recipe take over your sweet tooth.
Bananas and berries can do powerful things when used in unison. The ideal texture is in between frozen yogurt and light whipped cream. And if you're dairy-free, don't worry! Dole's Berry Banana Fro-Whip recipe calls for unsweetened coconut milk, which contributes to its consistency without taking away from all the fruity punch.
Recipe provided by Dole
Makes up to 6 servings
2 ripe DOLE® Bananas, peeled, cut crosswise into thirds and frozen
1 cup chopped DOLE® Pineapple, frozen
1/2 cup DOLE® Blackberries
1/2 cup DOLE® Blueberries
1/2 cup DOLE® Raspberries plus additional for garnish
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
1 1/4 cups refrigerated unsweetened coconut milk
Shaved dark chocolate and/or chopped nuts (optional)
Pro Tip: Throw some shaved dark chocolate and/or chopped up nuts (of your choosing) to add more texture and sweetness to your froyo-like dish!
How to Make It
- Purée bananas, pineapple, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and sugar in a blender; with blender running, slowly add coconut milk. (Should make about 4 1/2 cups.)
- Divide mix into 4 bowls; top with raspberries, chocolate and/or nuts, if desired.
More content from Recipes
- – 15 Foods That Just Taste Better in the South
- – 21 Old-Fashioned Midwestern Desserts to Try This Weekend
- – 21 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – Honey Butter Whiskey Scallops Recipe
- – 45+ Best Healthy Copycat Restaurant Recipes to Try Tonight
- – Pork Chops with Maple Rye Glaze Recipe
- – 5 Best Recipes to Help Lower Blood Sugar, Says Dietitian
- – 35 Classic Southern Dishes Your Grandmother Used to Make