Banana Sushi Rolls with Crispy Rice Recipe
Think about swapping out raw fish for bananas next time you think about making homemade sushi rolls. These Banana Sushi Rolls are aesthetically pleasing and can be customized to your liking.
Maybe they aren't totally in the sushi family, but the look of them fits right in! Perfect for snacking or for serving up as an appetizer to hold your crowd over until the main event. Thankfully, bananas dipped in a nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew butter), is a combination that will never get old. These little banana sushi-like bites are also rolled in rice crispy cereal, which gives them a texture similar to a crispy tempura roll. An entertaining activity in the kitchen and delish richness on your taste buds, what else could you ask for?
Recipe provided by Dole
Makes up to 8 servings
1 DOLE® Banana, peeled
1/4 cup cashew nut butter, almond butter, or nonfat Greek yogurt
1 to 2 Tsp crispy rice cereal
1 to 2 Tsp chia seeds
Pro Tip: You can also top off your rolls with ingredients like shredded coconut, cacao nibs, ground cinnamon, and/or granola to add more of a crunch!
How to Make It
- Cut a banana into 8 equal pieces.
- Spread cut ends of banana with nut butter or yogurt.
- Dip banana pieces in cereal and chia seeds.
More content from Recipes
- – 15 Foods That Just Taste Better in the South
- – 21 Old-Fashioned Midwestern Desserts to Try This Weekend
- – 30 Healthy Stuffed Chicken Recipes to Make Tonight
- – 21 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – Honey Butter Whiskey Scallops Recipe
- – 45+ Best Healthy Copycat Restaurant Recipes to Try Tonight
- – Pork Chops with Maple Rye Glaze Recipe
- – 5 Best Recipes to Help Lower Blood Sugar, Says Dietitian