Arby's and Buffalo Wild Wings Are Merging—Here's Everything You Need to Know
In its quest to "have the meats," Arby's officially acquired Buffalo Wild Wings for a beefy $2.9 billion on Monday, February 5, 2018. The two popular restaurant chains, in addition to Mexican fast-casual restaurant R Taco, will operate under the newly-debuted company dubbed Inspire Brands. Each restaurant will continue business as usual, sharing resources yet retaining individualized branding, Business Insider reports.
"We believe the time is right to create a different kind of restaurant company—one with a broad portfolio of distinct brands across a full spectrum of restaurant occasions," said former CEO of Arby's and current CEO of Inspire Brands, Paul Brown, as reported by Nation's Restaurant News. "Our goal is to build an organization that leverages the benefits of scale, not only to save cost but also to enable outsized investments in long-term growth initiatives."
Brown added that Inspire Brands hopes that this new merger will capitalize on each restaurant's unique strengths to build a stronger parent brand that aims to grow both nationally and internationally.
Although we're not forecasting any upcoming menu changes to either chain following this news, perhaps the acquisition will help Buffalo Wild Wings land a spot alongside Arby's on our list of The 30 Most Popular Fast Food Restaurants in America.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!
- – 8 Major Restaurant Chains With a Bad Reputation
- – America's Top Three Burger Chains Are Being Sued For Deceiving Customers
- – This Popular Steakburger Chain Just Expanded to Two New States
- – McDonald's Has a New Summer Treat on the Menu