Discount Grocery Store Aldi Is Opening New Locations
There are exactly 2,030 Aldi locations across 36 states and Washington, and the chain is now expanding its map into Arizona. Shoppers in Chandler, Gilbert, and Goodyear in the Greater Phoenix area will be able to save big on Aldi finds as soon as November.
The chain first announced the news back in July, though details were initially scarce. Now, two stores located at 2844 S. Alma School Road in Chandler and 845 N. Estrella Parkway in Goodyear are scheduled to open at 9 a.m. local time on Nov. 5. While construction on the Gilbert location is underway, an opening date has not yet been announced, according to local news station ABC 15 Arizona. (While Aldi is busy growing, some other chains have not been as lucky in 2020. Here are the 9 Restaurant Chains That Closed Hundreds of Locations This Summer.)
"Each new store is an opportunity to serve another community, which is an honor and responsibility we do not take lightly," Aldi U.S. CEO Jason Hart said earlier this summer. "As we continue to expand, we promise to do everything in our power to offer the lowest prices, every day, without exception. In fact, as food costs are rising across the country, we're lowering prices on hundreds of items to meet our customers' increased need for savings."
In addition to Arizona, Aldi savings are also headed to a second new state. Louisiana is set to become the 38th state with at least one Aldi store as ground breaks on a new regional headquarters in Loxley, Ala., in 2021. The HQ will also serve new stores in the southern part of Alabama, as well as throughout the Florida Panhandle.
For more on what to look for in the store, here are 10 Secrets for Shopping at Aldi, Straight From Employees.
More content from Groceries
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now
- – Many Costco Warehouses Just Added This In-Demand Item
- – This Is America's #1 Best Grocery Store, According to Shoppers
- – Walmart Is Putting Thousands of These Items on Sale, CEO Says
- – Costco Just Expanded This New Member Perk Once Again
- – Costco and Walmart Shoppers Are Noticing This Big Problem in Parking Lots
- – 5 Freezer Aisle Brands to Stay Away From Right Now